miércoles, 22 de enero de 2014

Oasis, en sus propias canciones


Maybe I will never be
all the things that I want to be
but now is not the time to cry,
now’s the time to find out why.
I think you’re the same as me,
we see things they’ll never see.
You and I are gonna live forever.
We’re gonna live forever.
Gonna live forever.
Live forever.
Forever.

Live forever.


And all the roads we have to walk along are winding.
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding.
There are many things that I would like to say to you,
I don't know how.

Because maybe
you’re gonna be the one who saves me?
And after all
you’re my wonderwall

Wonderwall.



Fotografía usada en la cubierta del sencillo "Wonderwall".


Take me to the place where you go,
where nobody knows if it's night or day.
Please don’t put your life in the hands
of a Rock n Roll band
who’ll throw it all away.

Don’t look back in anger.


I hitched a ride with my soul
by the side of the road
just as the sky turned black.
I took a walk with my fame
down memory lane,
I never did find my way back.

Hey now!


Some might say they don’t believe in heaven,
go and tell it to the man who lives in hell.
Some might say you get what you’ve been given,
if you don’t get yours I won’t get mine as well.
Some might say we will find a brighter day.

Some might say.


Here’s a thought for every man
who tries to understand what is in his hands.
He walks along the open road of Love & Life surviving if he can.

Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say,
chained to all the places that he never wished to stay,
bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say,
and as faced the sun he cast no shadow.

Cast no shadow.


Some day you will find me
caught beneath the landslide
in a champagne supernova,
a champagne supernova in the sky.

Wake up the dawn and ask her why
a dreamer dreams she never dies.
Wipe that tear away now from your eye.
Slowly walking down the hall.
Faster than a cannon ball.
Where were you when we were getting high?

Champagne supernova.


Who wants to be alone
When we could be alive instead?

Because we need each other,
we believe in one another,
(And) I know we’re going to uncover
what`s sleeping in our soul.

Acquiesce.


Fotografía usada en la cubierta del sencillo "Don't look back in anger".


Underneath the sky of red
is a storyteller sleeping alone.
He has no face and he has no name
and his whereabouts are sort of unknown.

All he needs is his life in a suitcase,
it belongs to a friend of a friend.
And as we drink to ourselves
we’ll amuse ourselves
underneath the sky, underneath the sky again.

Underneath the sky.


So what would you say if I said to you
it’s not in what you say it’s in what you do;
you point the finger at me but I don’t believe.
Bring it on home to where we found
my head like a rock sitting upside down.
In my mind there is no time.

(It’s good) to be free.


Is it any wonder why Princes & Kings
are clowns that caper in their sawdust rings
and ordinary people that are like you and me
we’re the keepers of their destiny

Go let it out.


Thank you for the sun the one that shines on everyone
who feels love.
Now there’s a million years between my fantasies & fears,
I feel love

Who feels love?


Portada del sencillo "Who feels love?"


Do you keep the receipts
for the friends that you buy?
And ain’t it bittersweet
you were only just getting by?

But I hope you know
that it won’t let go,
it sticks around with you until the day you die.
And I hope you know that it's touch and go,
I hope the tears don’t stain the world that waits outside.
Where did it all go wrong?

Where did it all go wrong?


True perfection has to be imperfect,
I know that sounds foolish but it's true.

Little by little.


Portada del sencillo "Little by little/She is love".


Born on a different cloud,
from the ones that have burst round town.
It’s no surprise to me
that yer classless, clever and free.

Loaded just like the gun,
you’re the hero that's still unsung.
Living on borrowed time,
you’re my sun and you’re gonna shine.

Born on a different cloud.


I’m no stranger to this place
where real life and dreams collide
and even though I fall from grace
I will keep the dream alive.

Keep the dream alive.


Who kicked a hole in the sky so the heavens would cry over me?
Who stole the soul from the sun in a world come undone at the seams?
Let there be love.

Let there be love.

The nature of reality
is pure subjective fantasy.
Space and time and here and now
are only in your mind.

The nature of reality.


___________________


Todas las letras por Noel Gallagher, excepto "Born on a different cloud", por Liam Gallagher, y "Keep the dream alive" y "The nature of reality" por Andy Bell.

No hay comentarios:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...